Before using the Happi App, you should be aware that the use of the App means that you will be sharing your personal data with your own hospital via the App.
Your personal data is protected by the most stringent and most recently required security measures to prevent any unauthorized persons from accessing your data.
What data is concerned?
Your personal data:
- Date and country of birth
- Smoker or non-smoker
- results of blood tests
- the medication that you use
- your responses to the Quality of Life questionnaire
- your appointments at the outpatient clinic
The data will only be exchanged between the hospital's electronic file and Happi if you have given your permission to do so.
By combining these data via the Happi App, you will gain a better insight into your state of health. This will enable you to better prepare the outpatient consultation and will therefore make your visit to the hospital more effective.
Because of your HIV infection, you are receiving treatment at the hospital. We are continually trying to improve the care for you. We do so by examining data from groups of patients. With this, practical experiences of you as a patient are becoming increasingly important. This includes questions about the quality of your life or about how you are tolerating HIV treatment. Your experiences provide us with important information.
With our HappiApp initiative, we are pursuing two goals:
1. to give patients more control over their health
2. to improve care for patients with HIV
The data available via the Happi App and the hospital will be used to see whether the care for the group of HIV-infected people might be improved. For this we do not need your personal data. This data is encrypted, whereby your personal data is stored using a code (e.g. Hap384719). This means that the data cannot be traced back to a specific person. This is also called pseudonymization.
A key remains in place to be able to comply with the (GDPR) rules on how to handle personal data.
You have the right to be forgotten, in which case all your data must be deleted. To do so, we will need a key to decrypt the data again. Access to this key is limited to one authorized person, that is, the chairperson of the HappiApp foundation.
The encrypted (pseudonymized) data will be combined into one single database (the Happi platform). This Happi platform enables us to conduct research into the improvement of HIV care in the Netherlands.
You can ask us to delete your personal data at any time. We will always comply with such request as soon as possible.
What the App is, and how it works, can be found on the website, https://happiapp.nl/
By setting "I agree" to green:
- I give permission to Stichting HappiApp and the hospital to process my personal data, so I can monitor my state of health via the Happi App myself
- I give permission to Stichting Happi App to share my responses to the Quality of Life questionnaire with the hospital.
- I give permission to the hospital to share the medication I use and the results of my blood tests with Happi App
- I also give permission to encrypt my data into non-personally identifiable data and use this data to further improve the care provided to people with HIV.